Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Glass Cleaner: Is there another option besides Windex?

Dirty mirrors and streaky windows and doors have to be cleaned, and you probably use Windex, right? Who doesn't? It seems like Windex has been around forever. Well, tradition doesn't always make it good. Check out the EWG report on Windex below:

 DIY Glass Cleaner Information
 
If, like me, you're not feeling too good about Windex anymore, then I have two suggestions for you. Last month I purchased Heather Dessinger's (aka: Mommypotaus) ebook DIY Non-Toxic Cleaning Recipes and made her glass cleaner. It is WONDERFUL!! It leaves a gloriously clean, streak-free shine!! Actually, it's way better than Windex!! Since I purchased her book with the recipe in it, I can't share it with you here, but I encourage you to buy her book. The recipes are simple to make, truly.

The DIY Glass Cleaner contains water, distilled white vinegar, rubbing alcohol, and cornstarch. It only costs about 64 cents!! Store bought glass cleaners will run you over $3, so you can save at least $2.50 every time you make this glass cleaner!!

A "Safe" Store-Bought Glass Cleaner

If you don't have the money to purchase Heather's book right now, or you're not ready to commit to DIY cleaners, I found a "safe" store-bought glass cleaner on EWG. I have even seen this brand at my local Costco lately!
That's the end of the ingredients list?! Yep!! It's better to have fewer ingredients in your cleaners rather than more, and most of the concern listed for this product is with the peppermint. If you're allergic to peppermint or overexposed to it, then it can be concerning, but overall, it's a great product.

I have one more DIY recipe for bathroom cleaning next week, an after-shower spray, and that will conclude my cleaners for your bathroom. For cleaning your counter tops and toilet's surfaces, check out my DIY Non-Toxic All-Purpose Cleaner recipe. For scrubbing toilets, sinks, tile grout, and tubs, check out my post on bathroom scrubbing cleaners. Have I convinced you to buy Heather Dessinger's DIY Cleaning book yet?! Are there other cleaners you use in your bathroom? Have you or will you try any of these natural cleaners?

Again, please share this on Facebook, pin it, tweet it, and leave a comment below. We need your help to grow this site!!

No comments:

Post a Comment