Monday, June 2, 2014

A Natural, Manly Gift

photo credit
Father's Day is coming up, so I decided to share an excellent gift idea that promotes natural living, is cost-effective, and much appreciated by the men I know who use it! An old-fashioned shaving kit!! Isn't it "old-fashioned" for a reason? Such as, it's not effective, harder to use, irritating to the skin, etc.? Nope!! Quite the contrary!!

Why my husband likes his old-fashioned shave

My husband keeps a short beard, but has to shave the non-beard areas a couple times a week, and his old-fashioned shave gives him the closest shave he's ever had. His skin feels quite smooth afterward, and it's not irritating at all. In fact, the soap is very moisturizing. He fought razor burn when using other razors to shave his neck, but he never has that problem now.

Additionally, as noted on the Art of Manliness, an old-fashioned shave makes you "feel like a bad ass. It’s nice taking part in a ritual that great men like your grandfather, John F. Kennedy, and Teddy Roosevelt took part in."
 
There are several reasons that I, as a wife, also like the old-fashioned shave.

Why I like my husband's old-fashioned shave

The supplies for an old-fashioned shave are drastically cheaper than those for our modern shave, and the blades last longer. Let's compare:
I also really appreciate this method because it's more natural. A simple blade and soap, no chemical goop soap or aloe on the blades. Also, it leaves my husband's skin smooth! I don't know about you, ladies, but I don't like kissing rough skin!!

Old-fashioned shave supply recommendations

For more product recommendations and tips for actually doing an old-fashioned shave, check out the Art of Manliness post entitled "Learn How to Shave Like Your Grandpa." This website is also a fun resource for guys that my husband has enjoyed reading through on occasion. I also noticed they do a podcast!! How fun!

How are you going to spoil the men in your life this Father's Day? Seriously, I need ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment