Thursday, August 22, 2013

Our First Produce Delivery Box

When I lived in Orange County, I never ended up subscribing to a produce delivery box because they all required me to pick it up farther away then I wanted to travel and/or I had no choice over what I would get. Since we moved to the Central Valley of California, the heart of agriculture in the US, I figured I could find something I would be happy with. Within a couple weeks of moving, I did a Google search for "produce box delivery [city I live in]" and found The Farmer in the Dale.

We received our first box of produce on Monday:


I particularly like this produce delivery company because much of their produce is organic, and it's local, of course. I got all this for just $20! One head of organic Romaine lettuce, three organic summer squashes, two bunches of organic carrots, three of the most beautiful organic broccoli bunches, Yukon Gold potatoes, and a bunch of white nectarines. 

We have tried everything except the potatoes so far, and we're pleased with all of it. It tastes great! The lettuce is a little wilty because it's so HOT here, but it tastes wonderful still.

If you haven't tried a produce delivery box before, I highly recommend it! Do a Google search like I did, and I'm sure you could find something, or ask around. It's much fresher than most produce found in grocery stores and it supports local farms. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment