Monday, March 11, 2013

Paperless Note-Taking

I'm going to try to resurrect this blog! A whole lot has happened since my last post here. Let me give you a quick update:
  • I gave birth to a healthy baby boy who we named Elijah just over seven months ago.
  • My husband just received a pink slip for his teaching job.
  • Elijah is a huge blessing in our lives!! I couldn't imagine life without him now.
With some Christmas money, I got an iPad mini! I love it, too. It has a plethora of practical uses for my life as a wife and mom, but today I'm only sharing one: paperless note-taking. You can do this on any tablet, smartphone, or even an iPod Touch. I'm going to talk about the app I use though, since I'm familiar with it. I'm sure there are similar apps for other devices though.

I use GoodNotes which has a FREE version. The free version allows you to keep two notebooks with up to ten pages in each one. Afraid of maxing out too fast? No worries! You can download your notes as PDF files to your computer, and then clear your notebooks. Want to view your saved files on your device? No problem! Download them to it.

There are lots of neat features for note taking with GoodNotes, as the image below shows:



A plug for the iPad mini: It's perfect for women because it's light and small, which means it fits perfectly in a purse or diaper bag without adding much weight! However, there are tablets of similar size out there; I just got this one.

1 comment:

  1. The infinity binder is what I use (www.theinfinitybinder.com). It's cheap and works with any smartphone or tablet.

    ReplyDelete