Saturday, September 7, 2013

Peanut Butter Cups: Justin's vs. Unreal

I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter together. It's definitely my food weakness and constant craving. However, trying to eat more healthy makes it hard to justify eating a Reese's. Enter my new finds: less junky chocolate peanut butter cups! 
Packing Appeal

Justin's: Classic packaging for this brand. I love the use of different fonts. Advertising 80 calories per cup in the top corner is eye-catching. Slightly boring packaging though.

Unreal: The brand title is rather ironic because the ingredients are more real than that of other candies but the flavor is "unreal." I love their slogan: "Candy Unjunked." It's simple and say's it all; that hooked me. The black with bright, big yellow letters is very eye-catching. These were on the top shelf at Target, and I only saw them because of the letters.


Label/Ingredients Comparison

Justin's Fewer ingredients than Unreal and more recognizable. 80 calories per cup with 50 from fat. All organic ingredients, including dark chocolate.

Unreal: More sweeteners, but also only 80 calories per  up with only 45 from fat. Make with milk chocolate instead of dark and some organic ingredients.

Taste Test

Justin's: Stronger chocolate flavor than the peanut butter. Dark chocolate to-die-for! Mix the quality of the chocolate and the organic peanut butter, and it's heaven in your mouth! I definitely like these more, but would still eat the other if offered to me. If you don't like dark chocolate, then stick with the Unreal cups instead.

Unreal: Strong peanut butter flavor. Smooth chocolate, but I would like to taste the chocolate more. Definitely tastes better than Reese's because those taste like they've been in packaging for years. These taste pretty fresh.

Price Comparison
Justin's: $10 for a box of 28 at Costco or 28 cents each
Unreal: $4 for a bag of 12 at Target or 30 cents each

These are roughly the same price, but I would get Justin's hands-down since they're actually cheaper and my preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment